European Consensus Statement
On the initiative of Prof. Henryk Skarzynski, Head of the International Center of Hearing and Speech, Kajetany, Poland, a European Consensus Statement on Hearing, Vision and Speech Screening in Pre-School and School-Children has been developed, which could be signed on the occasion of the 10th Congress of the European Federation of Audiology Societies (EFAS), in Warsaw, June 22-25, 2011 in presence of the Polish Health Minister Ewa Kopacz by:
From left to right:
- Prof. Jerzy Szaflik, State Consultant in Ophthalmology, Poland; Representative of the European Ophthalmological Working Group
- Prof. Antoinette am Zehnhoff-Dinnesen, President of the Union of the European Phoniatricians
- Michèle Kaufmann-Meyer, Vice-President of the Standing Liaison Committee of Speech and Language Therapists/Logopedists in the European Union
- Prof. Linda Luxon, President of the European Federation of Audiology Societies
- Polish Health Minister Ewa Kopacz
- Prof. Henryk Skarzynski, State Consultant for Audiology and Phoniatrics, Poland
The European phoniatricians’ standpoint has been presented by the UEP president Antoinette am Zehnhoff-Dinnesen (Download [528 KB]
This group of experts has been invited by the Chief Sanitary Inspector of Poland, Przemyslaw Bilinski MD PhD, to participate in the Conference of the European Health Ministers which – in occasion of the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second half of 2011 - took place in Poznan, November 7-8, 2011, titled “Solidarity in health – Closing the health gap between European Union States”. The representatives of the European Consensus presented the statements of their societies on the Session “Equal Opportunities for Children with Communication Disorders in the European Countries”.
The conclusion of the EU Council “Early Detection and Treatment of Communication Disorders in Children, including the Use of e-Health Tools and innovative Solutions” was adopted at a meeting of the Council on Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs (EPSCO) in Brussels on December 1-2, 2011.
Professor Antoinette am Zehnhoff-Dinnesen, President of UEP, Muenster, Germany